Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

s in his first nine holes this week, Scott has

• June 1, 2017 6:47 PM CDT

Rangers manager Mark Warburton has been the clubs best signing of late, according to captain Lee Wallace. Charles Harris Youth Jersey . The penalty shoot-out defeat of rivals Celtic last weekend means they will a domestic treble if they can defeat Hibernian in the Scottish Cup final on May 21 and Wallace was keen to praise Warburton and his assistant, David Weir. Rangers boss Mark Warburton says Ronny Deila received harsh criticism but doesnt think the Scottish Cup defeat had an impact on his decision The manager has been the best signing weve made in a number of years, both he and Davie Weir, Wallace told Sky Sports Scotland. Davie was probably one of the best signings as a player so to have him back as a coach is just great.Everyone knew the quality that the manager brought from Brentford - he done a wonderful job down there with a smaller club. He took them from League one almost to the Premier League.He maybe had to come to Scotland to a big club and change the way we play.  We were in a dark place last season and we had a lot to prove. The manager has stepped up and achieved great things, its been a season weve all enjoyed as players.The contribution of Wallace to Gers impressive season has also been acknowledged, with the skipper one of four nominees - along with teammate Martyn Waghorn and Hibernian duo Jason Cummings and John McGinn - for the PFA Championship Player of the Year award.http://the skipper one of four nominees - along with teammate Martyn Waghorn and Hibernian duo Jason Cummings and John McGinnIts a great honour that youre nominated by the players youre up against every week, I feel we could have had a number of players on the short list, weve had outstanding performances throughout the team this season, added Wallace. Rangers journey Rangers will play in Scotlands top flight next year after they clinched the Championship title I voted for Jason Cummings, his record is great. Hes really come on as a player.His all round game has improved greatly. Hes always a danger so I felt he derived my nomination [players cannot vote for anyone in their own team].As far as the Scottish Cup final is concerned, Wallace insists Gers 3-2 defeat to Hibs in the league in midweek will have no bearing on the Hampden final.You cant read into Wednesdays result to give you any indication of how the Scottish Cup Final will go between the two sides, its a completely different occasion, he said.Its says a lot for the standard of the Championship that its two sides from the league contesting the Scottish Cup Final. Both sides play attractive football. It will be an exciting game that both sets of fans and players will be looking forward to.Looking ahead to next season, when Rangers will return to the Scottish Premiership after a four-year absence, Wallace admits they will take heart from their defeat of rivals Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final but feels they have work to do if they are to be competitive on their return to the top-flight.We need to be as competitive as possible. History tells you that Rangers are used to winning the top league in Scotland. We as a club, as players - will never accept second best, said Wallace.The Old Firm Scottish Cup win against Celtic wont have any bearing on how things will pan out next season. Rangers manager Mark Warburton thinks their Scottish Cup win against Celtic proves how good they are Celtic will obviously have a change in management - theres going to be players coming in at both clubs. Theres a lot to do between now and next season.Yes we took great confidence from last weekends result but we quickly move on.Watch Rangers v Alloa on Saturday. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 3 HD at midday. You can also watch the Scottish Cup final on May 21. Coverage of Rangers v Hibernian begins on Sky Sports 1 HD at 2:30pm.  Also See: Sky Live: Rangers v Alloa Gers and Hibs stars recognised Warburton sympathises with Ronny Rangers fixtures Cordrea Tankersley Jersey . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. Raekwon McMillan Youth Jersey . The Flames are in the midst of a six-game slide (0-5-1), their longest losing streak since an 0-6-3 skid from Jan. 11-28, 2010. They havent won since Nov. 3 in Chicago and most recently went winless on a three-game homestand.FORT WORTH, Texas -- David Toms felt no need to even look at the Colonial leaderboard until noticing more people with cameras suddenly watching late in his third round. "I didnt feel like I was really relevant at the time to even look at it," Toms said. "I knew something was going on." Three years after the last of his 13 PGA Tour victories, also at Hogans Alley, the 47-year-old Toms was back in contention. He wasnt alone. Toms shared the lead Saturday with Hideki Matsuyama, Chad Campbell and Chris Stroud at 7-under 203, the highest leading 54-hole score at Colonial since 1999. Among the other 13 players within two strokes of the lead were Adam Scott, the No. 1 player in the world, and Jimmy Walker, a three-time winner this season and No. 1 in the FedEx Cup standings. "Its kind of jammed in there," Campbell said. Kevin Chappell, whose early 7-under 63 was the low round of the day, moved from a tie for 60th after just making the cut to within one stroke of the lead. Matsuyama, the 22-year-old from Japan with five wins at home, shot a bogey-free 64 Saturday. Toms had a 65, local resident Campbell shot 68 and Stroud finished bogey-birdie for a 69. Walker was 6 under after a 69, and Scott was another stroke back after his bogey-free 66. Campbell and Walker, playing together, were alone atop the leaderboard at 8 under before both bogeyed the 161-yard 13th hole. When Walker missed a 9-footer, it was his first bogey all week -- and he had another after hitting from two different greenside bunkers at No. 15. Campbell held the lead alone only for a moment before missing his 4-foot par chance at No. 13. Second-round leader Brice Garnett fell back with a bogey at the 216-yard fourth hole, followed by a double bogey when he drove out of bounds at the tight fifth hole that runs parallel to the Trinity River. The PGA Tour rookie shot 74 and dropped into a tie for 25th at 3 under. With raised expectations at Colonial after winning his plaid jacket in 2011, Toms missed the cut the last two years. "I came here this week just a little more relaxed, and just wanted to enjoy the experience," he said. "And Ive done that so far. Its certainly reflecctive in the way Ive played. Raekwon McMillan Womens Jersey. " Matsuyama had three early birdies in his best round ever on the PGA Tour, including at Nos. 4 and 5 -- the last two of a trio of holes known as the "Horrible Horseshoe" because of the layout of difficulty of the holes. There are two tough par 4s with the courses longest par 3 between them. "Kind of set the tone for the rest of the round," Matsuyama said through an interpreter. "Gradually, week by week my game has gotten better, and I feel like I can compete now. " To stay No. 1 for more than a week, Scott likely has to finish higher at Colonial than third-ranked Henrik Stenson does at Wentworth. Stenson was tied for seventh going into Sundays final round in Europes flagship event, though he was nine strokes off the lead. Scott was tied for 11th at Colonial, but only two back -- after starting the third round tied for 36th in the same group as Matsuyama. "I can only worry about my golf here," Scott said. "Its all very tight, we know that. Im happy to have gotten to No 1. I hope its not a short stay." Since four bogeys in his first nine holes this week, Scott has had only one bogey his last 45 holes. He had his only four birdies Saturday in the first eight holes. At the lone par 5 on the back nine, Scott hit his approach in a greenside bunker at No. 11 before blasting to about 6 feet, only to miss the birdie chance. "I lost my momentum on 11 when I didnt get up and down," Scott said. "Even though its still a par, its almost like giving one away there." Chappell chipped in from 40 feet at the third hole, then had consecutive birdies at Nos. 6-9. The only one shorter than 20 feet was a 5-footer at the par-3 eighth. After an eagle from the greenside bunker at the 615-yard 11th -- the same bunker from which Scott failed to get up and down -- Chappell was 8 under on the day and with thoughts of a record. But he had six pars and a bogey after that. "I used up a lot of luck today. I had two chip-ins and made some long putts. 59 would have been nice, but kind of lost the feel of the putter there on the back nine," Chappell said. "But all in all, a good day." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '